Eczema is a skin disorder which is characterized by rashes on different parts of the body. These rashes can be extremely itchy and can cause a lot of discomfort to the person suffering from them. There are a lot of conditions that can make the symptomatic behavior worse. Most of these are environmental factors like exposure to allergens, unfavorable weather conditions, cold, flu, etc. While there are a lot of ways to treat eczema and reduce the irritation caused by the rash, home remedies are the most popular among people trying to get dome respite from the skin condition. Over the years, apple cider vinegar has proved to be very beneficial in helping people experience some relief from eczema.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only and does not, in any way, intend to replace the advice of a medical expert.
Why to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Relief from Eczema
|Truly organic apple cider vinegar is the one which has the 'mother' in it even when bottled. This 'mother' is nothing but the pectin and other healthy residue in the vinegar. This is the vinegar you ought to be looking for and using in any of your health and culinary endeavors.|
Apple cider vinegar is prepared by a process of fermenting apple cider. The sugars in the cider are broken down by bacteria and yeast, and the resultant product is alcohol, which is then turned into vinegar. It is a powerhouse of many nutrients that help to soothe the skin rash and also do a lot of good within your body to make the outside healthy and eczema free. Let's see what these things are:
- It contains detoxifying elements. These elements help to cleanse and detoxify your body from within, resulting in clean and healthy skin.
- Also, it has certain elements which are very efficient in fighting the bacteriathat cause skin ailments and other disorders.
- It also plays a vital role in maintaining a good and healthy immune system because it is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals. This makes your body strong and less susceptible to flu and cold, which serve as triggers for eczema.
- Toxic and poisonous substances like mercury are also successfully eliminated from your body by using apple cider vinegar.
- It also has amazing antifungal properties. These properties help the skin to fight itchy, scaly skin disorders like eczema.
- The fiber content in apple cider vinegar is extremely high. This fiber content helps in the easy digestion of food and prevention of constipation. Constipation leads to dangerous accumulation of toxins in the body, which in turn, can lead to skin disorders like eczema.
How to Use It
Now that you know the reasons behind the immense popularity of using apple cider vinegar for eczema treatment, let us share the two methods that you can use it in order to rid yourself of the discomfort caused by the eczema rashes. Here they are:
METHOD # 1: You can add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 pounces of water and drink it as many times as you want. Be warned that it does not have a really appealing flavor. So, you might want to add a little honey in the water to make it a little palatable. Or, you can add 2 teaspoons of it to a glass of juice and drink it as many times as you want. Keep doing this for a few days and you'll see the difference it makes.
METHOD # 2: The second method is to simply apply it onto the affected areas. You can dilute some vinegar into an equal amount of water and use a cotton ball to apply it onto the rash. You may experience a stinging pain in the area, this is normal. It will stop stinging soon and your rash will be gone in a few days' time as well. You may be wondering about the unpleasant odor of the vinegar. Well, all you have to do is add a few drops of rosemary oil into the concoction and apply it generously onto the affected area. The bad smell will be as good as gone!