"There's more to avocado than guacamole. Its oil is actually patented as a treatment for some forms of dermatitis and arthritis. According to Aubrey Hampton, author of Natural Organic Hair and Skin Care, long-term treatment with avocado oil helps relieve eczema. I'm not surprised, as avocado oil is rich in vitamins A, D and E, all of which help maintain healthy skin. I suggest applying it directly to any itchy, red or irritated areas." ~ The Green Pharmacy: New Discoveries in Herbal Remedies for Common Diseases and Conditions from the World's Foremost Authority on Healing Herbs by James A. Duke, Ph. D
Well, I guess the statement quoted above by Aubrey Hampton says it all! Avocado oil for eczema skin care is like water on dry and scaly land. We all know how dry the skin becomes when one suffers from eczema. The redness along with the itchiness and swelling can be a horrible experience. Eczema can occur in anyone at any age. Even 2-3 week old babies are known to suffer from eczema. For most people, it is a never ending problem..., but not anymore! It has been certified even by professional research institutions that avocado oil is a natural blessing of nature to cure various skin problems like eczema, acne, and psoriasis. Before we understand how avocado oil helps treating eczema, let us know more about the healing properties of this oil.
Healing Properties of Avocado Oil
Originally grown in Central America, avocado fruit was considered to be the "fruit of kings" and was consumed by those belonging to the royal families. Avocado oil is enriched with various nutritional and healing properties, and is therefore considered to be the most important source of health benefits given by mother nature.
Some of the natural skin care properties of avocado oil are mentioned below.
- Avocado oil is rich in Vitamin A, E, B1, B2, and D. All these vitamins are essential to attain an overall well-being.
- It also contains essential fatty acids, amino acids, lecithin, pantothenic acid, and sterols. It is the presence of these elements that enables avocado oil to provide benefit when suffering from skin problems like eczema.
- The texture of this oil is thick and waxy which penetrates deep into the skin taking away all the dryness and dullness of the skin. As eczema too makes the skin dry, treating eczema with avocado oil definitely proves beneficial.
- Avocado oil is known for its regenerating and revitalizing properties. It is ideal for dry and mature skins and helps regain the same freshness and nourishment that the skin should have.
- It is also used as a therapeutic oil with very high percentage of unsaponifiables. When used with essential oils, it works best in aromatherapy massages.
- Because of its nutritional facts and healing properties, avocado oil is highly trusted with treating scaly skin and scalp. As the skin gets dry, rough, and scaly in eczema, avocado oil is the best natural option you can find.
- Avocado is also enriched with youth minerals including potassium, which is why it is good for mature skin as it helps the skin regain the youth once again!
- Another amazing property of avocado oil is that although it coats the skin thereby protecting it from harmful substances, it allows the skin to breathe. By this I mean that this oil does not block the pores of the skin causing acne clogged pores. On the contrary it opens the pores of the skin allowing the dirt to come out, and simultaneously allow the healing properties to penetrate within the skin.
The points mentioned above would have made it crystal clear to you as to why avocado oil is nature's blessing for people suffering from skin problems like eczema. Otherwise too, using avocado as a part of your daily skin care routine, would prove immensely beneficial to you. So before you plan to invest on some chemical based formula to heal your eczema, think of the long run and opt for a bottle of avocado oil. For your daily bath and washing, it is advisable to use soaps that contain avocado oil.
Use it anyway you want to, be it oral consumption or topical application, avocado is definitely nature's way to give you a healthy life. Though the visible results would not be as "quick" as chemical based product that you use, but unlike chemical products that show instant results and harm your body in the long run, avocado oil will surely give you a permanent relief from eczema, along with a healthy and natural glow. All the best! :-)