Bee pollen consists of 96 different types of nutrients and hence, it makes a perfect food. It is also known to contain 40 different types of proteins, which are extremely beneficial for the functioning of the body. Along with proteins, it contains 22 different types of amino acids, enzymes, carotene, and polyunsaturated fatty acids. It also contains magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, and copper in trace amounts. All the nutrients present in this food help in improving the health substantially. Hence, many nutritionists also recommend consumption of bee pollen on a regular basis.
If you want this food to benefit your body, take it in large amounts, as, only 5% active ingredients from it, are released in the body. Several companies are working towards increasing this percentage and many of them have been able to increase the percentage, the highest being 95%. In order to get the best and maximum benefits, opt for freeze dried pollen. This is because, it prevents degradation by keeping the substance away from being oxidized. Also, try to avoid processed and heat processed pollen as they are devoid of the enzymes and nutrients, which are lost during the processing.
- It helps in strengthening the immune system. Hence, it will make your body, resistant to different types of allergies.
- This is also a good remedy, which can be used for stress relief. This benefit makes it popular, as in today's world, stress has become an integral part of our lives.
- It is also useful for athletes, as it helps in increasing their energy and endurance. Using it regularly can definitely provide long-term benefits to the athletes.
- It also acts as a natural energizer for the body.
- All those, who want to reduce weight can opt for this magical food, it has shown positive results in weight loss programs. It helps in reduction of fats, which further reduces the weight.
- It improves the metabolic rate of the body by flushing and dissolving the fat cells. This is accomplished due to the presence of lecithin in bee pollen.
- It assists in the reduction of cholesterol.
- It is also known to improve the health of a woman's reproductive system. It relieves women from the discomfort caused due to PMS.
- In men, bee pollen helps in the prevention of prostate problems and also helps in increasing the sperm count.
- It also helps in alleviating different allergies related to skin like rashes, hives, itching, etc.
- Another health benefit is that, it helps in detoxification of the body.
All the bees present in the hive can produce around 50,000 pollen grains in a day. The stamen of the flowers contain pollen, which is collected by the bees. From the honey sacs, the bees add nectar or honey to it and thus pack it into granules. These granules are further transported to the bee hives. In order to prevent germination, an enzyme is added to it. This readies the pollen, which is further processed manually, so that it can be consumed by humans.
To get all the nutrients required for proper functioning of the body and for keeping the body healthy, one should consume 34 grams of bee pollen regularly. There are not many dangers of this food. However, all those, who are sensitive to the bee venom and those allergic to it, should avoid it completely. The granules consist husks, which can cause digestion problems.