Bloating is an uneasy sensation in the stomach where one gets the feeling of fullness and tightness. This sensation is also accompanied occasionally by the swelling of the abdomen. Bloating can be caused due to various reasons like overeating, swallowing air, constipation, pregnancy, certain foods, carbonated drinks, alcohol, etc. Bloating is uncomfortable and to get rid of the tightness feeling you can use the below remedies.
Stomach Bloating Remedies
- Drink green tea, twice in a day for reducing bloating naturally. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and helps to detox the body. Just like green tea, ginger tea also works.
- Eating fiber rich food helps in cleansing the body, and hence relieves you from the bloating sensation.
- Women who suffer from bloating during their periods can take PMS supplements. These supplements are B-complex vitamins, magnesium and calcium supplements.
- You can take a simethicone tablet which is available over-the-counter. This medicine provides instant relief by breaking up gas bubbles in the stomach.
- For bloating due to constipation relief, you can take a laxative. There are many laxatives available over-the-counter which can be purchased in syrup or tablet form.
- Exercising can help to get rid gas. Consider jogging 30 minutes or running for 15-20 minutes. Make sure you warm up with a brisk walk before you start jogging or running.
- However, if you don't have time for a jog then considering some yoga to get rid of flatulence. There are many yoga poses that can help. One of them is the wind relieving posture. To perform it, lie down on a mat on your back. Then bring your left knee near your chest, and bring your nose near the knee. Hold this pose for ten seconds or more, if possible, then slowly let go. Repeat with other leg. You can do this exercise couple of times to get relief from bloating.
- Take a teaspoon of fennel seeds, and chew them slowly. Fennel seeds are well-known as bloating remedy.
- Consider colon cleansing, to improve your digestive system health.
- To avoid stomach bloating, avoid foods which cause this condition. Some eatables which cause bloating are spicy food, carbonated drinks, coffee, raw foods, highly acidic drinks, etc.
- Eating fast makes one swallow air along with the food. So for gas bloating relief, chew your food properly. This habit will aid in better digestion.
- You can maintain a record of the time, whenever you experienced the stomach bloating in a diary. Note down, in the diary, the foods you ate that day. After some time, you will be able to figure out which foods cause bloating in your stomach.
- Keep drinking a lot of water (3 liters a day), whenever suffering from bloating sensation in the stomach. Along with water you can also have cranberry juice. Intake of fluids will flush your body and help in the release of toxins.
- If you usually experience bloating after eating too much, then eat light meals and avoid second helpings.
- Eat small meals, rather than eating too much of food in one meal.
- Sorbitol which is a natural sugar used in gums and sodas, causes gas and bloating. So, avoid eating products containing sorbitol.
- If you experience bloating after eating too much, take a small walk for 10 - 15 minutes. Moderate exercise also helps in relief from bloating.
Disclaimer: This Buzzle article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.