Arthritis and gout affects millions of people worldwide. To reduce the pain, cherry juice acts wonders in fighting inflammation. Regular consumption of cherries help in adding years to one's life.
Benefits of Cherry Juice
A cherry is loaded with antioxidants, these antioxidants attack and kill the free radicals present in the body. Consumption of one and a half cup of cherry juice provides benefits equal to consuming 23 vegetables and fruits. This will obviously provide a lot of benefits.
- Cherries contain anthocyanins, a compound, which helps in the fight against cancer, especially colon cancer, heart attacks and strokes.
- Cherry juice helps to lower the level of uric acid in the blood. High amounts of uric acid in blood causes gout.
- It helps in alleviating the pain associated with arthritis.
- Muscle pain and back pain can also be alleviated by consuming cherry juice regularly.
- It helps to arrest of neurodegenerative disorders.
- Inflammation anywhere in the body is reduced by regular consumption of cherry juice.
- The other benefit of consuming cherries is that it helps in reducing cholesterol levels in the body.
- Cherries contain properties that also combat anti aging. So now I know what to eat!
How Cherry Juice can Relieve Inflammation
New studies have shown that cherry juice may reduce and even prevent inflammation related to arthritis. As a matter of fact, there are not many fruits or vegetables, which have pain alleviating properties similar to cherries. There are three very powerful anthocyanins, which help in the prevention of inflammation.
Anthocyanins block two enzymes, which are responsible for producing inflammatory compounds. It works the same way as an aspirin or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Just a small tip: if you're out to buy yourself a stock of cherries, remember darker the color of the cherries, higher is the anthocyanins content in them.
Pain and inflammation reduces the quality of life and hampers mobility. Arthritis causes inflammation, which is the main cause of discomfort. A study was conducted, where runners were given cherry juice seven days before the final run day and also on the day of the run. These runners reported significantly less pain than those were not given cherry juice.
Studies have shown, that runners who drank the juice before running had 23 percent less muscle pain, as compared to any other juice or artificial drink. Post-exercise pain is an indicator of muscle damage or debilitating injuries. The post-exercise benefits of cherry juice are attributed to the anti-inflammatory power in it.
When a person is affected with gout, there are uric acid crystals, which start building around the joints. These urates cause a lot of pain for the patients. Sometimes, it also causes inflammation. Consumption of cherry juice lowers the uric acid level in just a couple of hours after the patient consumes the juice.
The dose of cherries required to treat inflammation is just 20 cherries per day. The body derives 25 milligrams of anthocyanins from them. After understanding this relation between cherry juice and inflammation and the anti-aging properties of cherries, we are sure you will increase the consumption of cherries in your diet.
Disclaimer: This is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.