Kidneys filter the blood and help to excrete the toxins through urine, which contains various chemicals that form hard crystals. These crystals are referred to as kidney stones. They are usually smaller in size during the early stages, and as they grow gradually, excruciating pain during urination can be experienced by the affected person. Calcium, oxalate, phosphate, and uric acid are the most common components of kidney stones. Majority of people opt for home remedies to dissolve them in a natural manner.
Shock waves and tunnel surgery are some of the medical procedures used to remove kidney stones. The severity of the conditions may vary from person to person depending upon the number and size of the stones. In serious cases, they are removed surgically. X-ray and other tests help to detect them. After discussing the symptoms with your doctor, you may opt for simple home remedies that may help to remove them.
Natural Removal Methods
- Exercise: These activities are necessary for proper functioning of the body. Regularly performed exercises help to run the body systems more effectively and efficiently. They also help to prevent formation of kidney stones, and to get rid of the existing ones.
- Fluid Intake: Drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day) and increase your fluid intake. This will help to flush out the stones. Increase in the intake of milk, buttermilk, soups, juices, milkshakes is recommended for prevention of this ailment.
- Phosphoric Acid: Kidneys play an important role in removing excess acids from the blood. But you can use an acid to dissolve the stones (only under the guidance of your physician). Phosphoric acid, present in soft drinks can help in a faster dissolution process. Drinking soft drinks along with a vegetable puree (rich in dietary fiber) is the most effective way of breaking, dissolving, and passing these stones through urine.
- Diet: A low oxalate foods help reduce the size of the stones, and also prevents their formation. Include lots of fresh and raw vegetables and fruits in your diet. A high fiber diet helps get rid of them effectively.
- Herbal Teas: Dandelion or diuretic teas made from corn silk, fennel seed, nettle leaf, and oat straw help to dissolve kidney stones fast. Herbal teas made from hydrangea root, wild yam root, cramp bark, joe-pye weed, yarrow leaf, plantain leaf, etc., work great for these stones. Joe-pye weed, meadow-sweet, sarsaparilla, and plantains have been traditionally used in Chinese medicines to remove excess uric acid from your body. The North Americans use the wild herb called goldenrod to break larger stones into small fragments, which can be passed through urine. But, some people can be allergic to this herb. Watermelon seed tea and celery seed tea also help dissolve or break them up into smaller sized ones.
Surgical procedures usually lead to lot of inconvenience and pain. Medications prescribed by doctors can cause dizziness, nausea, and other side effects. It is always better to opt for safe home remedies to dissolve kidney stones in a natural manner.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely for educating the reader. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a medical expert.