One of the most common and popularly used essential oils, eucalyptus oil is very well-known for its vast application areas, uses, and health benefits. No wonder then that it finds a place on the shelves of nearly each and every household's medicine cabinet. In this article, we will have a look at some of the many benefits of eucalyptus oil, as well as a few interesting facts about it. So, without further ado, let us see what exactly are the benefits this oil and what makes it a must-have for every household.
Eucalyptus Oil Benefits
- It is known to provide immense relief to people suffering from sinus infections, flu, bronchitis, common cold, blocked nose, and other respiratory ailments. The best way to go about this is to apply a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a handkerchief and inhale it from time to time. Another practice that is commonly followed is putting a few drops of this oil in one's bathing water. As such, it holds immense importance in the field of aromatherapy.
- This oil has very good anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, due to which it is regularly used in soaps, deodorants, lotions, perfumes, and other personal hygiene products.
- For those of you who like applying henna to your hands, next time round you might want to think of adding a little bit of eucalyptus oil to the henna mixture. It will give your hands a much deeper and richer color.
- Thanks to its germicidal properties, eucalyptus oil is regularly used for treating various skin problems, bruises, and disorders.
- As far as pet dogs are concerned, mixing a few drops of this oil in your pet dog's bath water can protect it from ticks and other parasites.
- Mixing a little bit of eucalyptus oil with other oils for massage has a very calming effect on the body and mind. Its rejuvenating properties help in getting rid of mental fatigue, exhaustion, muscle pain, and sluggishness.
- It is a very good stimulant and helps in improving the blood circulation by increasing cardiac activity.
- It is also used as a flavoring agent in certain food products, confectionery, beverages, and baked foods.
- Trekkers and campers regularly carry a bottle of this oil since it is very effective against insect bites, stings, and skin rashes. It is also a very good mosquito repellent.
- Eucalyptus oil, when mixed with water, makes for a very effective and easy-to-make household disinfectant.
- People with sore throats, kindly pay attention. Mix a couple of drops in a glass of warm water and use it for gargling. It will reduce the soreness and your throat will feel much better.
- Thanks to its germicidal properties, eucalyptus oil is a popular ingredient in dental care products, such as toothpastes, mouthwashes, etc.
- In some cases, eucalyptus oil is regularly used for treating whooping cough and asthma.
- Diabetic patients will be happy to know that this oil, when taken internally, helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Students or working professionals whose jobs demand high levels of consistent concentration can make use of eucalyptus oil for better concentration and alertness.
- The eucalyptus tree is native to Australia. It was later cultivated in other parts of the world.
- This oil, when used in excessive quantity, has its own share of side effects. It can cause headaches, dizziness, vomiting, convulsions, etc.
- It is commonly used for removing all those adhesive stickers which otherwise remain stubbornly glued to our cupboards, refrigerators, etc.
- The Australian eucalyptus tree happens to be among the tallest trees in the world.
This was a brief overview of the many advantages that eucalyptus oil presents us with. I hope it has helped in improving your knowledge about this wonder oil.