Goldenseal tea has the reputation of being a cure for all the common ailments of the body and is therefore, considered to be a multipurpose product. It has antibacterial, anti fungal, antibiotic, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties within itself. Let us see how this tea benefits us and why it should be included in our daily diet.
The Goldenseal plant (hydrastis canadensis) has within it active constituents like canadine, hydrastine, berberastine, meconin, candaline, berberine, fatty acids, resin, polyphenolic acids, chlorogenic acid, and phytosterins. All these agents add to the versatility that this plant offers in terms of benefits.
- It promotes great respiratory health by treating varied infections and inflammations.
- It helps in detoxifying the body and getting rid of the toxins from the entire system, thus helping in promoting healthy glandular functioning.
- It helps in treating bowel disorders like diarrhea, gas, and indigestion.
- It helps in curing infections that are related to the digestive health and intestinal system as well as yeast infections that might develop in the body.
- It helps in promoting digestive health by improving overall digestion, especially that of the fat content in the body as well as stimulating appetite and helping in aiding metabolism.
- It helps to prevent, as well as cure night sweats.
- Helps in curing eye problems like staph infection and trachoma. Boil a cup of water with the goldenseal extract in it and then cool. Wash your eye with this liquid over the next couple of days to get rid of the eye problem.
- It is extremely helpful in keeping diabetes under control for diabetics.
- It helps in curing canker sores.
- It is very helpful in curing canker sores and mouth ulcers. Boil goldenseal in water and gargle with it 2-3 times a day to get rid of these sores.
- Treat throat infections like sore throat by gargling and internally ingesting this tea.
- Goldenseal tea can also be applied externally on scrapes and wounds for quick relief and cure.
- It helps in treating problems of the liver that might arise in alcoholics.
- Along with all these disorders, goldenseal extract also helps in curing ulcers, anorexia, urinary tract infections, oral cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, cervical cancer, colitis, and several other disorders.
Note - It is important to note that goldenseal tea should not be had by pregnant women and those who suffer from heart conditions. This tea is reputed to increase blood pressure.
Take the leaves of the goldenseal plant and powder them after they've dried. Then add a cup of water and about 2 teaspoons of the powder in a pan and set it to boil for 10 minutes on a low flame. Let the liquid sit for 5-7 minutes before straining. Add a teaspoon of honey if you prefer it that way. Drink it warm or hot.
Goldenseal tea acts as a complete curing agent and goes on to lend a boost to the immune system by automatically curing all disorders. Try to use it in your routine and check the benefits that it lends for yourself.