There are different oils that are used for giving massages, like sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, and grape seed oil. These oils easily glide on the skin, which helps in preventing any friction between the hands and the skin.
Some oils are a blend of two or more oils. Every massage oil has its separate properties and health benefits. Grape seed oil is among the best massage oils that is ideal for people with sensitive skin.
Grape seed oil is extracted from the seeds of grapes that are discarded during the wine making procedure. It is a sweet-smelling oil with a slightly nutty aroma. It is non-greasy and light in texture, which makes it an excellent oil for massage. Its texture also makes it easy for the oil to be absorbed by the skin.
It is rich in linoleic acid, which is an essential fatty acid that helps rejuvenate the skin, and is great for moisturizing. It also contains high amounts of vitamin E, flavonoids, and antioxidants, which all help to restructure and regenerate the skin's cells.
Sometimes, during a massage, grape seed oil is combined with other carrier oils, like wheat germ oil, olive oil, or apricot kernel oil. This oil is also non toxic and has no adverse side effects on people with a sensitive skin.
The benefits of having a massage with this oil are numerous, and here, we are listing some of them.
- Since it is an almost odorless oil, people who are sensitive to certain aromas in their massage oils can easily use it.
- It has a fine texture, which is non greasy and light, and is preferred by people who don't like greasy oils.
- A massage with this oil is beneficial for people who have dry and flaky skin. As the oil contains a high percentage of linoleic acid, it helps to moisturize the skin and give it a smooth appearance.
- As grape seed oil is non greasy and light, it is easily absorbed by the skin, which relaxes the person and makes the skin soft.
- For those people who have dark circles under their eyes, a light massage with grape seed oil around the eye area will not only reduce the dark circles, but will also help in draining fluids from this area.
- It is also beneficial for tightening sagging skin, as it has mild astringent properties that helps to tone the skin.
- Regular massage with this oil will also help in fading or reducing cellulite or "orange peel effect" on thighs, buttocks, or upper arms.
- New research has shown that grape seed oil also has anti-aging properties that help to keep skin youthful and radiant.
- For those who cannot use almond oil or walnut oil in their massages because they are allergic to nuts, grape seed oil is a very good substitute.
A massage with this oil is an excellent way to pamper your body and calm your mind. It can also be safely used for massaging babies and kids, as it is mild and odorless and does not have any side effects.
Besides massages, it is also used for manicures, pedicures, body polishes, and scrubs. It is also extensively used as an active ingredient in different types of skin creams, lotions, and serums.