Nose bleeding is one of the common health conditions suffered by kids and adults. Though it looks dangerous and dreadful, most nosebleeds are not that serious and only last for about a minute or so. This doesn't mean that nose bleeding should be taken lightly every time, if this is happening on a daily basis then it can be a symptom of an underlying condition. One of the most common causes of nose bleeding is the bursting of blood vessels in the lining inside the nose. Children and adults suffer from nosebleeds when they blow their nose too hard, suffer from nose dryness, nose picking, cold or bleeding can also happen if the nose suffers from a sudden impact or blow which damages the internal lining of the nasal area.
Natural Treatment for Nosebleeds
The inner area of the nose is one of the most sensitive areas of the body. It is filled with hundreds of blood vessels, hence, any nose problem shouldn't be taken too lightly. There are many home remedies for nosebleeds which people can try to stop nose bleeding. The most popular one is to firmly but gently press the nostrils together having a good grip on them at least for 5 to 10 minutes.
- It is necessary to sit straight whenever there's nose bleeding. Avoid reclining or tilting the head backwards, the blood may change its course and go in the throat instead of coming out from the nose.
- Pour at least two drops of fresh lemon juice from the bleeding nostril. This is an effective way to stop bleeding.
- Never pick the nose when its bleeding. Nose picking causes delays in the healing of the ruptured blood vessels in the nose.
- If the bleeding happens after regular intervals, it is a good idea to check blood pressure. People with high blood pressure are prone to frequent nose bleeding.
- People can also try to apply an icepack alongside the nose area. The coldness will cause the blood vessels to compress and this will result in less bleeding.
- A better way to make blood vessels strong is by drinking orange juice which is rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is very essential in the formation of collagen which makes the lining in the nose moist.
- Mix ground cumin with apple cider vinegar. Now soak a cotton ball in this mixture and apply this into the bleeding nostril and leave it for a minute.
- If dry nose is the cause of nose bleeding, then using salt water can be the perfect solution. Just sprinkle a pinch of salt in water and spray it in your nose. Salt water possesses anticoagulant properties which helps in reducing nasal dryness and stops nose bleeding.
- An effective home remedy to stop nosebleeds in children is applying a wet towel over their heads. Wet towels do the job of moisturizing the membranous lining of the nose and prevents nosebleeds.
- Some health experts also recommend the use of Indian gooseberry juice for nosebleeds. People can put in few drops of Indian gooseberry juice in the bleeding part of the nose. The juice repairs the existing cellular damage and therefore stops nose bleeding for good.
- One of the most effective and trusted remedy is breathing steam. Boil a pot of water and put it on a flat surface. Cover the head with a towel and lean ahead to breathe in the warm steam, but don't lean to close. Perform this activity twice in a day.