Apple Cider Vinegar is no "Hippocratical mystery" for us, as vinegar has been an invincible ingredient on our kitchen shelves. Whether your salad needs a saute or the cold slaw craves for a pungent gig; indeed, it is your loyal vinegar that does it all. It is no surprise, when we covet vinegar as a "veteran" in lending that 'just-right' tweak to our dishes. A quality we would never trade vinegar for, is its ability to help your household items get rid of stains in a swipe. Nevertheless, apple cider vinegar is considered vital, with regards to its medicinal properties as well. Hippocrates, who is regarded as the Father of Medicine -- apart from being the Greek philosopher -- was impressed with the healing properties that vinegar possesses. Elucidated here, are important points that you must consider while shopping for vinegar, in addition, to the reasons why this magic ingredient has garnered the reputation it holds today. . . .
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider is acquired by fermenting organically grown fresh apples. The components that serve to be beneficial are retained, as apple cider vinegar in its raw form, is not pasteurized. The fresh apples are crushed to speed up the fermentation process. It is when the vinegar matures, that it elicits a dark brown foam, referred to as the mother. The mother can be added to the vinegar preparations in order to quicken the ripening process. Apple cider is regarded as a firebrand where its inherent healing and medicinal properties are concerned.
What to Look for When Buying Apple Cider Vinegar
When you are shopping vinegar, ensure that you pick out these signature indicators:
- Always take your pick from bottles that are marked "unfiltered" as there are some bottles that you may find labeled as "filtered".
- Unpasteurized form contains the 'mother' of the vinegar which consists of pectin, minerals, and beneficial bacteria. A sign that you can observe to check if the bottle you have picked is unpasteurized, is to ensure if there are sediments that are floating at the bottom of the bottle.
- Choose the one made with organic apples. The organic product is always much safer, having a higher concentration of minerals.
Apple Cider vinegar is rich in potassium that helps curb hair loss, prevents weak and brittle teeth, and ceases a runny nose. It has pectin that works in order to regulate blood pressure and keep tabs on the cholesterol levels. The component known as Malic acid, has innate properties of serving to be an antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal remedy. It also consists of calcium that aids in building strong bones and teeth. Ash provides it with alkaline properties that help in maintaining the required pH levels.
What Are the Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider is packed with benefits aplenty. Make this ingredient your aliment to fight the ailment.
- When apple cider is mixed with water in equal proportion, the concoction serves as a toner to the face. You must administer caution, as the slightest contact with the eye can cause irritation leading to trouble for the eye.
- If you have sunburns, you would be happy to know that it can be an effective remedy. The application of apple cider with a cloth will be beneficial to get rid of sunburns.
- Apple cider can work well for women who have encountered yeast infections. It is important that you pick a reputed brand to get rid of yeast infection.
- Research concludes that it proves helpful for diabetes. Vinegar is known to have a positive effect with regards to regulating sugar levels. Two tablespoons of at bed-time could work well to plummet sugar levels.
- It is also acclaimed to have properties that help with the weight loss process. A tablespoon diluted in water can work well for all those who have apple cider vinegar.
- Dandruff is said to vanish if apple cider is applied on the scalp, diluted in water.
- Apple cider is especially useful to treat arthritis.
- Soaking the area that is affected by warts works well to cure the condition effectively. A twenty-minute soak proves helpful.
- Cholesterol is controlled and blood pressure is regulated as it consists of a component called pectin. Vinegar proves its versatility by altering blood pressure levels; as a result, it further goes on to suggest the role it assays in averting heart diseases.
- The mother of vinegar is proved to be antibacterial and antifungal.
- Its use helps stimulate stomach acid, thereby aiding in digestion of protein and fats. Thus, good digestion is essential for staying healthy and naturally slim.