Mint Tea - Nature's Refreshing Medicine
Peppermint mint also minimizes the symptoms like migraine, headaches, stomach upsets etc. caused due to anxiety and stress.
Mint, being an essential ingredient in dental care products like toothpastes and mouthwashes helps in keeping gum diseases at bay. An important peppermint tea benefit is that it helps in preventing bad breath. Sipping herbal tea helps in maintaining the oral health of a person.
Boost to the Immune System
Peppermint tea acts as an immune system booster, since it is rich in nutrients like phosphorus, vitamin B and calcium, which help in strengthening the immune system, thus minimizing the occurrence of diseases and infections in the body.
Keep Unwanted Hair Growth At Bay
Drinking spearmint tea reduces hirsutism, a condition where a woman has unwanted growth of hair on her face, breasts, legs and other parts of the body, due to high secretion of the male hormone, androgen.
Great Pain Reliever
Sipping tea is beneficial in curing menstrual cramps and other muscle spasms. It also helps in easing intestinal pains, especially in small children.
- Peppermint tea is often referred to as a stomach soother as sipping peppermint tea evades various stomach ailments and problems related to digestive health. It is also an effective remedy for treating digestive problems like irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
- Green peppermint tea promotes digestion and is also used for curing the inflammation of the digestive tract, a condition referred to as diverticulitis.
- Peppermint tea is used as a curative measure for heartburn and gallstone problems.
- Mint tea also helps in tackling muscle spasms and relieves flatulence.
- Suppresses appetite
- Relieves skin rashes
- Boosts mental powers
- Controls herpes simplex
Infants and small children can also be given mint tea to treat problems related to digestion. However, it is essential to consult a pediatrician, before giving your baby this tea.
- Indigestion is a common problem in infants. Giving your baby, spearmint tea will reduce indigestion and the pain caused due to it.
- It also reduces colic pain in infants.
- Babies suffering from irregular bowel movements can be given mint tea in order to reduce diarrhea.
Certain herbal teas are beneficial during pregnancy, but it is advisable NOT to drink too much peppermint tea when you are pregnant as it may lead to miscarriage. Some benefits for pregnancy are;
- Mint tea helps in reducing nausea and morning sickness.
- It also relieves stomach cramping.
- It helps in alleviating indigestion problems, heartburn and fatigue.
Disclaimer: Although herbal products are natural, they are not completely free of side effects. Ergo, consult your healthcare provider or doctor, before going for any such products.