A native to the flora of the Indian subcontinent, the Moringa tree is popularly known as the miracle tree. Given to its property of providing important nutritional and medicinal benefits to the body, this tree is not only used in a variety of dishes, but also in herbal medication.
The Moringa oleifera is a popular species of this tree that is used in different parts of the world. Although every part of the tree is put to use, it is the leaves that are the most beneficial. These are loaded with vitamin A, B, C, and minerals. They also contain essential amino acids, and are rich in protein required for daily functioning.
How to Make Moringa Herbal Tea
- First, you would have to rinse the leaves under running tap water for sometime.
- Thereafter, get a paper towel and place the leaves on it. The towel would help in soaking the water from the leaves.
- Now bring some water to boil, and place the leaves in the boiling pot. The idea is to cook the leaves briefly for just about a minute.
- Strain the water and place the cooked leaves on a paper towel again.
- Now all you have to do is to keep these leaves in a dark and dry place for about a week to get dried.
- And once they are dried, steep them in boiling water to make the tea.
Moringa Tea Benefits
And here is where you would know in what ways drinking the moringa tea on a regular basis, can add to your health. Before I begin, it is important to know that the benefits of this tea comes from the plant's antifungal, antibacterial, antioxidant, antispasmodic, anti ulcer, and anti-inflammatory properties.
And because of all such properties, the moringa leaf tea is a widely accepted home remedy for several ailments:
- The tea is helpful in boosting the immune system of the body.
- It helps in building collagen fibers within the skin, thus helping in reducing wrinkles and other age-related signs.
- It is known for its ability for healing wounds, maintaining skin tissue and replacing the damaged ones. These benefits come from the richness of the leaves in vitamin C, a potent antioxidant.
- The tea is an effective home remedy for improving vision and sharpening the brain. As the moringa tea is loaded with antioxidants, such benefits are an obvious result.
- People who enjoy sipping the tea regularly, are known to experience improved metabolic rate, and improved functioning of the liver and the kidneys.
- People who get tired easily may greatly benefit by drinking this tea, as it helps in promoting energy.
- Improved digestion is one benefit of drinking this tea which many people have vouched for. Also, ailments such as nausea, diarrhea and cold can be easily dealt with, with the help of this herbal tea.
- The active compounds in the moringa leaf that is imparted to the tea made from it, helps in improving the circulatory system of the body.
- The leaf's anti-inflammatory property, as mentioned earlier, helps people with arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
- And one of the major benefits of the tea is associated with improved regulation of glucose in the body thus, it comes as a great symptom-manager for people suffering from diabetes.
- According to experts, the leaves of this tree has more vitamin C than in oranges, more calcium than in milk, more vitamin A than in carrots, more potassium than in bananas, and more protein than what is in milk.
Given all these benefits, no wonder the moringa tea, and other products of the tree have received so many accolades from people across the world. So grow your own moringa tree in your backyard, and give up going to a health store for your common day-to-day medical ailments.