A beautiful mane has always been a matter of pride for an individual. Good hair is also a sign of beauty and overall good health. But, with increasing age, many people get affected by baldness. Not only does it affect one's look, but it also affects his confidence. There are various treatment options available for this condition. But, the side effects of various medicines, treatments, and cosmetic products are making people turn to natural ways to treat baldness. Alternative medicines like homeopathy have been found to have excellent cures for baldness. Besides this, certain home remedies have also been found to be effective to treat baldness.
The main cause of hair loss is lack of a proper diet. However, the unhealthy lifestyle that we lead is also an important contributor to hair loss. Besides these two factors, other factors that cause hair loss are:
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal changes
- Excess dandruff
- Fungal infection
- Lack of proper circulation of blood to the scalp
Homeopathy has been successfully used to treat a number of diseases, including baldness. Although the treatment takes time to show the desired results, there are no side effects of this treatment. Another benefit of homeopathy is that it improves the general well-being of the body. Homeopathic cure is advised only under the guidance of an expert. This is because, It is a branch of medicine that needs in-depth knowledge of diseases and their medications.
Oils from bay, jojoba, lavender, rosemary, thyme, and grapefruit are believed to arrest hair loss. Apart from this, they also promote hair growth. For best results, these oils must be rubbed onto the scalp and then left for some time to be absorbed, before washing off.
Acupressure and Acupuncture
Acupressure and acupuncture are Oriental ways of treating disorders. These forms of treatment are holistic in nature, that is, they bring about improvement in the overall health of an individual. These forms of treatment work on the principle of harmonizing the flow of opposite energies, the yin and the yan.
This involves putting a hot cloth and a cold cloth alternately around one's head. This treatment can be done daily. Hydrotherapy is useful as it increases blood circulation in the scalp. Also, it removes dirt that may be blocking the hair follicles.
Besides boosting general health and strengthening our immune system, exercises increase the flow of blood to all parts of the body, including the scalp. This helps in better growth of hair and reduction of hair loss.
There are a number of home remedies that may can also be used to treat various hair problems. Most of them prevent hair fall and promote hair growth, that may delay or stop balding. Some of the easy yet effective natural treatment options for hair loss are:
- Grind seeds of black pepper well and mix it with lime juice to make a paste. This paste may be applied to the bald patches daily to prevent the problem of hair loss.
- Onions are also found to be useful to treat bald patches. Onions may be rubbed on the bald patches, till the skin of that area turns slightly red. Then honey may be applied on the patches.
- Add pieces of dry Indian Gooseberry in coconut oil and boil it. This endows the oil with the properties of the Indian Gooseberry, which is effective for hair growth.
- Use of Indian Gooseberry shampoo may also bring about the desired effects. The shampoo can be made by mixing equal quantities of fresh Indian Gooseberry juice and lime juice.
- Use of coconut oil mixed with lime juice or lime water is another useful way to promote hair growth. This mixture must be applied daily for maximum benefits.
- Boil 250 g of mustard oil with 100 g of henna leaves. This mixture may be applied daily for best results.
In certain cases, where baldness is caused due to genetic factors, there is no cure for this condition. However, with a proper diet, exercise, and care of one's hair, one may have a good healthy growth of hair.