Sinus cough could be an extremely irritating ailment. You being out for some important work, are forced to handle your handkerchief with all the essential paraphernalia you have been carrying throughout the day. Well, in a galloping age, multitasking is the norm and we are bound to abide by it. It could be a disturbing act for you to endure and your partner or colleague to witness; the constant tremors that afflict you.
Sinus cough, however annoying, is not an ailment to be blasphemously bothered about. There are home remedies that can help you get better. The only hitch is that they are not as easy as popping a pill. You need to work a tad harder to get permanent results. It is our negligence and the laid back attitude that sways us towards shortcuts and averts us from the actual pathways of a healthier tomorrow.
Premier Sign of a Sinus Cough
Sinus cough is characterized by the inflammation of the sinuses and the nasal tract. With the sinus cough being mild to severe in nature, one could well confirm and conclude that there is a pressure of sorts that is experienced either above the cheek bones, behind the ears, between the eyes (the two sides of the nasal bridge) and one or both sides of the head. Sinusitis is characterized as acute sinusitis or chronic sinusitis. The acute form of sinusitis could be defined as a condition marked by a sudden influx of the sinusitis symptoms. Where the chronic sinusitis is concerned, the infection is a persistent one, where the condition has been prolonged and has never been eroded in concert from the system.
Symptoms of Sinus Cough
The symptoms that one may experience with the onset of sinusitis or sinus infection are mentioned below. When you encounter a sinus infection, you may suffer from:
- Cough; that usually reverberates. It is likely that you may be able to 'hear' the chest congestion while coughing vigorously.
- Bad breath; it may not sound too serious, however it is one embarrassing problem that one has to endure while he is affected by sinus cough. Dryness of the mouth, your throat feeling parched, cracked outline of your lips and a constant urge to satiate your thirst by drinking water more than usual is a common symptom that one endures.
- Nasal congestion; is one trouble that haunts the day light out of all of those who are inflicted by this symptom. It is not the degree of severity that the symptom poses, nevertheless it is the consistency with which the nasal excretion continues to occur that leads to a miserable state of the individual.
- Watery nasal discharge; which is characterized by a dripping sensation trickling down through the nasal passage.
- Post nasal drip; this is the excess mucus, caused by nasal congestion, that trickles down the back of the throat leading to chronic sinus cough, this being a type of cough that refuses to go away easily.
- Tenderness is experienced in the affected area. You may experience an uncomfortable feeling across your cheekbones, on one or both the sides of the forehead, behind the ears, or in between the eyes where the nasal bridge is located.
- Fever; this is common in nature and occurs predominantly in those who are affected by sinusitis that causes pain across the forehead.
Clear your Sinus Cough with Home Remedies
This is not to deny the fact that over-the-counter medication may not make you feel better. They will; and they do work fast. However, when conditions can be curbed with the use of certain home remedies why take shelter or cover of medication that may provide you with relief but may also offer some side effects in the bargain? Here are some home remedies that will help you in countering the condition naturally, without causing any fuss.
- The best home remedy that can help cure the trouble is to inhale steam. This process needn't be messy when conducted. Just fill a tub with hot water and inhale the steam for 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure that the water is hot and the vapors are abundant for you to inhale. In the process, be cautious not to burn yourself in any way. To enhance the effect that you derive through steaming, you could cover your head with a towel and inhale the vapors. This will not let the vapors escape and let the steam and the derived humid environment within the covered space remain.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water. Keep yourself hydrated. This will help the toxins flush off the system and you would have a clear nasal tract minus the nasal congestion and the blockage.
- Turmeric milk (a pinch of turmeric added in milk) could be consumed preferably on an empty stomach for it to work better as a sinus cough relief agent.
- The next step is to have a bath by adding some essential oils to your tub. Essential oils like thyme and oregano oil could be added to your bath water. This too, will help you deal with the problem. Make sure that the essential oils that you mix are handled with care, do not over drain the bottles. A few drops do the needful.
- You could make a syrup of honey and ginger juice. You could have half a teaspoon of this solution to soothe your throat. The honey ginger ratio should be 2:1.
- Have a cup of chicken soup. Add a pinch of black pepper if you prefer. This is, indeed one home remedy that you cannot file a complaint about. For the vegans, soup made of sprouts, ginger granules, peas, onion rings, cabbage and potatoes could be the alternative.
Home remedies work like aliments to help the body regain its vitality. They make a positive and significant difference to your health condition.