This article on best natural remedies for eczema will help you understand the long term benefits of following natural methods. In this article we will also see some information on what causes eczema in the body, along with some natural remedies for the same…
Eczema is a skin disorder which affects almost 20% of the world’s population. The name of this disorder comes from a Greek word which means to boil over. Eczema happens due to over inflammation of the skin, which directly results in eruptions on the affected areas. One of the main causes of eczema is environmental pollutants coming in contact with the skin. People of any age group can get eczema, but those who have a family history have higher chances of getting it. The good thing about eczema is that it is not contagious so it cannot spread from one person to another. The most common areas where eczema occurs are hands, legs, wrists, chest and back. This red and itchy skin can be controlled by medications, but there are higher chances that medications come with side effects, which is why it’s advisable that you have a look at the various natural remedies for eczema.
Different Causes of Eczema
Any pollutant which makes the skin irritated can cause eczema on skin. Latest studies also indicate that hormonal disturbances and abnormal functioning of the immune system can also cause eczema. Eczema can also be triggered by consumption of some foods. A change in season or environmental factors is one of the main reasons why eczema is common in kids and babies. People who don’t have a balanced diet and often remain dehydrated can also suffer from eczema.
Home Remedies for Eczema
If you suffer from eczema there’s no need to panic, there are dozens of health treatments that you can follow in your home. Medications are also not a bad idea but there’s always a chance of side effects and medications provide temporary relief. Here are the best natural treatments for eczema for effective and permanent results.
- One of the best ways to cure eczema is to apply coconut oil on the affected region. This would prevent your skin from drying and make it soft.
- Using cold water on the affected area is also very helpful. Treating the skin with cold water soothes the skin.
- Take a few almond leaves and mash them in water and apply on the area, it provides great relief for eczema affected skin.
- Using Jojoba oil as an effective eczema lotion is great for your skin. It opens up your skin pores and can be used as an effective herbal medicine.
- Another effective remedy is making a paste of nutmeg and water and keeping it on the skin for an hour. This cleans the skin and encourages the growth of healthy and fresh skin.
- A popular herbal remedy is to apply spearmint leaf juice on the affected area. This reduces the redness of the skin.
- Substituting aerated drinks and oily and processed foods with juices, water, and healthy fruits and vegetables detoxifies the blood and leaves you with healthy and glowing skin.
- Another effective remedy would be making a paste of turmeric powder and bitter Indian Lilac leaves. The leaves and turmeric powder make a great combination of eliminating the dead skin and laying foundation of a new healthy skin.
- Take 200gm of mustard oil and boil it in an iron vessel, and add 50gm of fresh clean Indian Lilac leaves to it. Boil the oil till the leaves turn black, stop the heating and allow the oil to cool, now sieve it. Apply this oil daily for a year if you never want eczema to appear again.
Using natural ways to cure skin disorders is always considered the best way for people suffering from skin problems. Medications and home remedies both offer solutions, so why not opt for the option which is the safest and is going to have positive effects on your body and skin.