Ginseng has been known as one of the time-tested medicines of nature for treating several medical conditions. This article speaks of ginseng root extract and its benefits.
‘Ginseng’ – even the name sounds so medicinal! One of the most popular herbs in the world, whose use took medical science by storm by its amazing healing properties, is what we know about ginseng. This article would be presenting you the information about the panax ginseng root extract benefits, and those of the Siberian ginseng root. Panax ginseng, also known as Asian, Korean or Chinese ginseng, is one of the popular species of this herb.
Siberian ginseng is a distant relative of the former one, having different chemical components. In fact, it is believed that each type of ginseng possess different unique healing properties. For instance, Panax ginseng possesses the property to cool down the body, while the other kind, that is Siberian ginseng, is known to stimulate the immune system. However, there are some benefits which both these species share between them.
Panax Ginseng Root Extract
- Nearly all kinds of ginseng are adaptogens. Meaning, they help the body to adapt itself to stressful or changing situations. And panax ginseng is known popularly for this very property which makes it a health enhancer.
- One of the most important panax ginseng benefits is its quality to relieve asthma symptoms, and other lung conditions. This is because this product has a relaxing effect on the muscles of the lungs.
- This ginseng species helps in lowering levels of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol in the body, while boosting the ‘good’ HDL cholesterol levels. This action reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases by a wide degree.
- Diabetics may greatly benefit from the use of this herb, as it is known for regulating the blood sugar levels in the body.
- Erectile dysfunction is one of the common problems most men face in their lifetime. And one of the natural remedies to improve this condition is by making the right use of the panax ginseng extract. Also, it helps in improving libido in both men and women.
- Other benefits include treating certain types of cancer, reducing intensity of menopause symptoms, enhancing memory, presence of mind, and concentration.
Along with all such benefits, this stuff also has its own share of side effects, which is not uncommon for any herb. The common side effects which may be observed after taking the extract include:
- Stomach disorders like diarrhea, nausea/vomiting
- Rapid pulse
- Dizzy spells
- Vaginal bleeding
- Allergic reactions like breathing difficulty, skin rash, itching, swelling and wheezing
Siberian Ginseng Root Extract
- Boosting energy levels.
- Purported to reduce symptoms of cold and flu.
- Siberian ginseng root benefits the body by preventing abnormal clotting of blood.
- Similar to the panax species, even this one aids in lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- In one study, researchers found that its use somehow reduced the frequency, severity and duration of the herpes simplex virus type 2 outbreaks in affected people.
- Another study conducted on middle-aged people claimed the fact that one Siberian ginseng benefit is improvement in memory.
- Men with low sperm count can turn to the use of this herb for a natural treatment.
- Lowering blood sugar level is a benefit that even this ginseng species provide as a great benefit to people suffering from diabetes.
- As already mentioned, all types of ginseng act as adaptogens, and so does the Siberian ginseng. It acts on the adrenal glands thus, helping the body to set up a strong response to stressful situations.
The side effects which may be triggered by the use of this herb include:
- Increased pulse
- Anxiety for no apparent reason
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Interaction with insulin or other drugs
- Breast pain or pain in the chest
- Muscle spasms
Pregnant and nursing mothers must avoid ginseng products. Also, if someone is suffering from certain kind of illness, then it is wise to consult his/her healthcare provider or doctor before using any these herbs. For instance, it has been mentioned that ginseng increases the pulse. Which is why people suffering from heart diseases must be extra cautious with its use.