Out of the 7 chakras in our body, the heart chakra lies at the midpoint or the center of the energy system of the human beings. One has to keep all these chakras in a balanced state to attain a peaceful state of mind. Heart chakra meditation technique is based on the Sufi tradition and is quite simple to perform. The recognition and acceptance of love which resides in the heart chakra is therefore important. The Osho meditation, Karunesh meditation, etc., are the different names given to the techniques of meditation based on the same principle. The Karunesh meditation music technique is used for this chakra. Names of all the 7 chakras and their positions in the body system are presented through the following table.
|Root Chakra (Muladhara)||Prostate|
|Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana)||The Coccyx|
|Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)||Navel Area|
|Heart Chakra (Anahata)||Heart Area|
|Throat Chakra (Vishuddha)||Throat and Neck|
|Third Eye Chakra (Ajna)||Pineal Gland|
|Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)||Top of Head|
There are 7 chakras in the human system starting from top of the head to the bottom. The heart/Anahat chakra is at the center of all these chakras. This chakra is associated with the feeling of unconditional love. The other feelings that are associated with this meditation technique are forgiveness, compassion, and self-acceptance. This healing method is used by many people all over the world Heart chakra opening is the practice which helps open and channelize the energy sources (chakras). Opening this chakra should fill the life with abundance, prosperity, and peace. This type of meditation is also one of the forms of spiritual healing. The procedure to perform this meditation is presented below.
- To perform the meditation, one should first sit in a cross-legged position with an upright spine.
- The palms need to be placed together and the knuckles (of thumbs) brought near the chest; the knuckles should fit into the notch near the sternum (breastbone).
- Breathing should be deep and smooth. Air should be inhaled into the chest as well as the stomach. The eyes need to be closed, while the mind should be relaxed.
- The mind needs to be cleared off any kind of distraction. In order to clear the distractions, one should concentrate on the breathing.
- The activity of keeping the focus off distractions helps in making the mind stable. The attention should then be turned to the pressure of thumbs felt against the chest. One should feel the heartbeats through the knuckles of the thumbs.
- The hands should then be released from this position and the palms rubbed together. Both the palms should be placed over the chest (left above the right). In this position, one should try to feel the warm energy that is emitted out of this energy center.
- The visualization of energy flowing out of heart, entering the hands and going back to the heart should help one practice this meditation technique effectively.
- The palms need to be released from this position and turned outwards. Shoulders need to be maintained in a relaxed position. One should try to feel the energy flowing out of the hands.
- The meditation should be completed by inhaling while raising the arms; this action should be followed by lowering the palms while exhaling.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely for educating the reader. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a yoga practitioner.