The following home remedies for spider veins help you get rid of those ugly looking entangled veins from your legs, thighs and even face. Trying out these home remedies is always recommended as it is a natural treatment and it has no side effects.
Spider veins, also known as telangiectasia or venulectasias, is a condition of the blood vessels in which they form a web like shape. These blood vessels are situated just under the skin’s surface and get entangled, which leads to the formation of spider veins. These affected blood vessels are a part of your venous system and in most cases these affected blood vessels are red, blue or purple in color. At least 1/3rd of the total population in the United States suffers from spider veins. It’s basically a cosmetic problem and rarely do they cause any physical symptom. This abnormal clotting of blood vessels is not at all threatening if treated at the right time but causes a lot of embarrassment later.
Causes of Spider Veins
This bluish purple spider web often occurs on your legs and thighs and causes an unpleasant view because of its color. Although there are no major symptoms associated with spider veins, doctors have noticed constant itching and soreness on the affected area. This condition is mainly caused due to the accumulation of blood vessels. These entangled blood vessels reverse the flow of the blood which results in poor circulation. This condition is pretty common in people who have long standing jobs, follow unhealthy eating habits and are overweight.
Effective Home Remedies for Spider Veins
A lot of theories are surrounded around spider veins and its different causes. Some doctors also say that spider veins are hereditary. Whatever they reasons may be, it is necessary that you should seek an effective treatment against spider veins. Otherwise, the vein may get swollen due to entanglement and cause a lot of damage to the surrounding veins.
- Many doctors and homeopathic experts recommend bilberry extract as it strengthens capillary walls and encourages new vessel formation. It also plays a very important role with vitamin C to minimize blood vessel weakness. 20 mg of bilberry extract should be taken thrice in a single day.
- Overweight people are at major risk of suffering from spider veins, so it is necessary that you should be always on the move. Exercise is not the treatment for spider veins but they help improve blood circulation which prevents entanglement of blood vessels.
- Avoid standing at one place for long hours. When you’re standing continuously without moving, the blood from your legs face difficulty going upwards. As a result, it starts to pool in your legs which leads to the development of spider veins.
- One of the best home remedies for spider veins on face are horse chestnut seeds. These seeds are known globally to strengthen the veins and blood vessels and promote healthy blood circulation. Horse chestnut seeds also help in curing the swelling and itchiness which is sometimes caused due to this condition. However, how much quantity to consume is very important to know as extra dosage can cause some side effects.
- The affected area can also be treated with cold water or an icepack which should be placed on the area for 20 to 25 minutes at least 6 times a day.
- Vitamin K is also an effective remedy against spider veins. It aids in healthy blood circulation and gets rid of the entangled veins, just rub it over the affected area twice a day.
- Many medical reports suggest that distilled witch hazel is also very healthy when applied to spider veins. Many doctors believe that witch hazel helps to strengthen blood vessels and also increase blood circulation.
- Applying butcher’s broom at the same time you take its supplements is also an effective way to remove spider veins without opting for medical procedures. Using butcher’s broom helps in the tightening of blood vessels and also improves blood circulation.
- Due to its high antioxidant content, grape seed extract is also very helpful in promoting healthy blood circulation and providing relief for spider veins.
- Have a look at your family tree. Check if anyone from the family had been suffering from spider veins, sometimes there’s a certain weakness in the gene that regulates the development of spider veins in the body. If you find that people in your family have been sufferers from spider veins, it is recommended that you start following these remedies as soon as possible.
These home remedies are effective in most cases and following these tips will help you deal with this situation in a much better way. The most frequent cause of spider veins is standing for long hours and obesity; so turn your way to a better diet and keep those legs moving. An increase in the intake of vitamin C and E may also be helpful in treatment of spider veins.