Read this article to know more about the process and benefits of liver cleansing.
The liver is the largest and one of the most vital internal organs present in the human body. It helps in breaking down environmental and external toxins that enter our body while we breathe and eat, along with all the toxins that are produced in our body during the normal metabolic processes. Over exposure of liver to toxins will result in headaches, muscle pain, skin irritations, mental confusion, poor coordination, and emotional imbalances.
Stones are formed in the liver, though this is not as common as gallbladder stones. Further, toxic overload causes liver overload the result of which is that the liver is unable to detoxify the bloodstream effectively. This starts a vicious circle as the toxins in the blood that are not removed circulate through the brain, nervous system and other internal organs. To complicate the entire process further, when the liver in this condition tries to expel the toxins, the kidneys are overload and this causes additional congestion.
There are many liver cleansing programs that you can follow to clean your liver. It has helped many people, by getting rid of the stones that have formed in the liver. Alternative cancer treatment specialists consider detoxification of the liver as an essential step. The liver flush can be carried out two times a month until the number of stones that you can identify in your stool is greatly reduced. This may take 10 -15 flushes. However, once the appearance of the stones is greatly reduced, you can cleanse your liver 2 times a year for maintenance.
It is imperative that you visit a doctor, and go over the plan very carefully before you implement it on yourself. Further, it is also recommended that before you begin with this cleansing process, a colon and a parasite cleanse should be undertaken. This is important, to ensure that the colon is working effectively by cleansing the toxins and parasitic infections that can be present in the colon.
Liver Cleanse Recipe
- Epsom salts – 4 tablespoons
- Olive Oil – 1 cup
- Pink Grapefruit – 14
- Apples – 12
- Lemons – 4
- 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM: Make a juice of 12 grapefruits and drink it throughout the morning.
- 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM: Make a juice of all the apples, and drink it throughout the day.
- 6:00 PM: In a cup containing water, dissolve 1 tablespoon of the epsom salt. You can add the juice of 1 lemon in it to increase the taste. For best results, use cold water and a straw.
- 8:00 PM: Repeat the process as carried out 6:00 PM
- 9:30 PM: Complete all your chores, and get ready for bed. Add 1 cup of olive oil and the juice of 2 grapefruit into a jar, and shake well. If required, go to the bathroom for the last time.
- 10:00 PM: Drink the mixture. Use a straw, as it will help the mixture go down easily. Lie down on the bed immediately on your right side, with the knees tucked in (fetal position). Try not to move for the first 20 minutes, as during this time, the oil is passing down the liver. The oil consumption may end up making you feel nauseous. Taking a hydrochloric tablet or adding 2 teaspoons of aloe vera to the oil mixture, will help ease the feeling.
- Next Morning: As soon as you wake up, drink another cup of water containing epsom salt with lemon juice. Repeat this process after 2 hours.
- You will suffer from diarrhea the day after you flush, which is normal. You may look for stones in the bowel. It takes some time in a few people, and they may not be able to notice anything till the afternoon; and in some cases, till the next day.
- If an individual is performing the process for the first time, then half a cup of olive oil would suffice.
- Wait for 2 weeks before repeating the entire cleansing process, as the stones take a little time to pass out.
Please bear in mind, that you must consult your physician before doing a liver flush, as there are possibilities of complications arising. If your stones are too large and are not able to pass through the ducts, it would cause excruciating pain; and you could also end up in an emergency room in the hospital. A doctor can analyze if the size and the types of stones present in the liver can be flushed out. If you happen to know that your stones are of the calcium type or if they are big, then please do not try and flush your liver.
Disclaimer: This HolisticZine article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.