Body detoxification has gained a lot of attention in the last few decades. According to the proponents of colon cleanse, harmful toxins accumulate in the large intestinal portion, which overtime becomes a breeding ground for disease causing microbes. If toxins are retained in the body, it can lead to medical complications. So, cleaning the body on a regular basis is suggested to get rid of the accumulated wastes. A quick colon cleanse home remedy is performed to help flush body toxins within a short time.
In general, the procedures for body detoxification last for several days to a few weeks time. Not all people have the time for these regular methods. Considering this, the best colon cleanse is a convenient method for busy people. In fact, one will find several home remedies for colon cleansing. However, the tough part is choosing an effective homemade colon cleanse, with which one can reap maximum benefits of detoxification.
The best colon cleanse home remedy is done in one day, by using high quality sea salt. You will need pure water and pure sea salt (gray colored) available in health food centers. A word of caution, do not perform this procedure during constipation episodes, as it can be quite messy. Also, it is best to stay at home all day, so that you feel more comfortable.
Following are some useful tips for quick and natural colon cleanse with sea salt:
- Take a saucepan and fill it with 2 liters of potable drinking water. Heat the saucepan in a medium high heat. When it reaches boiling temperature, add a tablespoon of sea salt.
- Continue adding small amounts of sea salt, until you get a salty broth. After the salt gets dissolved completely, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down.
- When the temperature becomes a bit higher than lukewarm, start sipping the brine solution. Make sure you drink as much as you can, within one hour.
- Within the next few hours, the salt solution will start working and drawing toxins from the body system. It is usual to feel mild headache and nausea after drinking salty water.
- After about two hours of drinking, you will feel the urgency to go to bathroom at regular intervals, this will continue for at least 3-5 hours.
- As the episode of frequent bowel movement is over, you may become weak and a bit dehydrated. To avoid dehydration symptoms, relax and drink lots of water.
- In order to restore lost nutrients, you can also rely on energy drinks or healthy soups. If possible, consume a soft diet with lots of fluids, so as to reduce pressure on the digestive system.
The next day after sea salt flush, you will feel more energetic and active than before. Another quick colon cleanse can be done with vinegar and lime juice. For this natural colon cleanse home remedy, mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and juice of ¼ lemon in 16 ounces of pure water. Drink this concoction 15-20 minutes before going to bed. Walk around in the room for at least 15 minutes before sleeping. Most probably, you will pass bowel movements for more than 4 times the next day. Drink ample amounts of water and consume a healthy diet to avoid weakness signs.
Any health-related procedure that disturbs the normal body functions should be proceeded with certain precautions. The same is with natural colon cleanse remedies. Hence, frequent colon cleansing is not recommended at any cost. For people with existing bowel problems, it is better to take the doctor's permission before staring with a home remedy for colon cleanse.
Disclaimer: This HolisticZine article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.