The body encounters stressful situations almost everyday. Higher the amount of stress, lower is the efficiency of the brain. One of the simplest and inexpensive ways to lay off that stress is a scalp massage.
Regular scalp massage not only helps maintain healthy hair, but also provides relief from tension, headache, and stress. Here, we provide more information about such benefits as well as a few useful tips.
Any kind of massage improves blood circulation in the treated area. A scalp massage provides deep relaxation due to its ability to increase the circulation of cerebrospinal fluid.
Regular massage of the scalp works in mobilizing the energy that is stored in the root chakra. This helps the different parts of the body to function in a harmonious manner.
It helps deal with scalp problems, and ensures a sound sleep. It also benefits the muscles in the neck area, reducing the stress and pressure.
Due to improved blood circulation in the head, the hair roots receive more nourishment. This reduces hair loss and other hair problems.
In some cases, the method treats itchy scalp, dandruff, and reduces flakiness.
Improved blood circulation in the head and facial tissues, helps keep the face glowing and lively.
The efficacy of the method can be improved by using olive oil, coconut oil, or jojoba oil, as the base. These products nourish the hair and keep the scalp moisturized, which promotes hair growth.
Headaches and migraines can be reduced with regular scalp or head massage. Also, it is of great help for people having problems such as hypersensitivity, nervousness, etc.
Tips On Massaging Scalp
There are several techniques that can be followed. However, a few simple tips are:
- Begin by moving your fingertips in a circular motion, on the front, side, and back of the head.
- Then, proceed towards the top of the head, continuing with the circular movement of fingers.
- Follow a routine, as far as the time and duration are concerned. For example, a massage for ten minutes in the morning, and ten minutes before going to bed, can be effective.
- It is best if your partner can help you, so that all the sides of the head can be uniformly massaged.
- You may use a scalp massage brush, which is gentle on the hair and the scalp.
So the next time you notice your hair brush clogged with hair, then consider giving a try to the above methods, and reduce stress as well as hair fall.