It's not like herbs haven't been around for centuries. It's just that they're being rediscovered with a different take in modern times. One of these takes is their use in nutrition. Using herbal nutritional supplements can benefit your body in many ways. It is product that is prepared to fulfill the basic nutrients required by the body like vitamins, minerals, and fats. Herbal supplements are made of natural products unlike their synthetic or pharmaceutical counterparts. and hence do not have many side effects.
Advantages of Herbal Supplements
Supplements are intended to fulfill the nutritional deficiencies that your daily diet cannot. As the body receives more nutrition it also gains inner strength and the immune system gets a boost. Herbal supplements also flush out the toxins from the body. With a stronger immune system and a toxin-free body you can cope better with common ailments like common cold, allergy, stress, and anxiety.
Most Effective Herbs
Here is a list of few herbs, which give you the best results:
- Feverfew is a herb that helps in conditions like arthritis, rheumatic disorders, and migraine headaches. It is also helpful if you are allergic to smoke, dust, certain foods and smells.
- Garlic is a common herb, which is helpful in lowering cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride level in the body.
- Ginseng, a very popular herb is helpful in increasing stamina and energy as it increases the mineral concentration in the body.
- Goldenseal is another supplement, which is helpful in reducing inflammation, and is also used as a mild laxative.
- St. John's Wort is helpful in treating mild depression, sleep disorders and anxiety disorders, which are becoming a common problem everyday.
- Gingko is one of the most popular herbs for supplements, and is used to improve blood circulation, mental alertness, oxygenation. It also has potential to enhance memory.