Staph infection is caused by group of bacteria called staphylococcus, which generally infect the skin. This article discusses a few natural remedies to treat this infection.
Staph infection is generally caused by a group of bacteria called staphylococcus. Under the microscope, these bacteria look like a bunch of grapes, and the Greek name for grapes is staph. These microorganisms may infect anyone, including breastfeeding mothers, newborn babies, drug users, and people with low immunity. People with diseases like diabetes, lung disorders, vascular diseases, and skin ailments are also prone to the staph infection. The infection may occur in any of the body tissues; however, the most commonly infected organ is the skin.
Generally, the infected skin turns red in color and pus gets accumulated in it. The commonly observed symptom is the development of a skin rash; however, in severe cases, if the staph is present in the blood, it can lead to serious symptoms like high fever, change in blood pressure, and chills. This infection is also contagious. Therefore, it is better to get rid of the staph when it is in the initial growing stage. The treatment varies according to the severity of the infection. Sometimes, no treatment is required; however, if the condition becomes severe, treatment becomes mandatory.
Include lots of raw vegetables and fruits in your diet. This boosts the natural healing ability of the body. Avoid the consumption of fast foods, non-veg foods, and dairy food products. Drink plenty of water (especially lukewarm) and vegetable juices to help raise the body’s pH levels.
- To help relieve the pain and drain out the pus, soak the affected area in warm water or apply warm, moist washcloths. Be careful that you do not press the boils directly since they may rupture, and the infection might spread. Due to the application of heat, the blood circulation increases and helps flush out the toxin accumulation. Try this method daily before going to bed.
- Another remedy is to clean the infected area by removing the scabs and clearing all the accumulated pus. Rub the scabs with a cotton dipped in warm water till they become soft, and then remove the scabs gently. Now, clear all the pus using some antiseptic liquid.
- Garlic, which has immense health benefits, can also be used to heal the infected area. Apply a paste of garlic on the infected area, and tie a cotton bandage to it daily.
- Clean the body using soaps containing essential healthy oils like tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, cinnamon oil, etc. Alternatively, you can add a 2-3 drops of any of these oils in your bathing water as well. The frequent use of these essential oils is found to be beneficial in the long-run. To cure the staph infection in the mouth, you can gargle with warm water mixed with a drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Apply a paste made of echinacea, arnica, or turmeric on the affected area to cure the infection.
- Keep the wounds bandaged since the bacteria that dwells on the skin surface can enter the bruises and cuts and cause a bad infection.
- Wash the hands frequently to clean any kind of bacteria deposition. Make sure you are scrubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. When traveling, always keep an instant hand sanitizer with you.
- Avoid sharing of items like razors, towels, and even clothing. Follow strict sanitary habits.
Staph infection should be treated as early as possible since it grows with time, and can lead to severe complications.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.