Lie bumps, or transient lingual papillitis, can be very painful, and they may get worse if you consume something hot. This article presents some remedies to get rid of these painful bumps as soon as possible.
Lie bumps is the inflammation of the tissues on the tongue. They may appear due to many reasons, and usually disappear on their own. However, sometimes, they can be very painful and can even cause many serious problems like difficulty in eating, swallowing, etc. With the help of lie bumps on tongue remedy, you can easily get rid of them in just a few days.
Researchers are still not sure about the causes of lie bumps on tongue. However, there are many possible causes for this condition. The most common causes among them are consumption of hot foods, gastrointestinal problems, indigestion, etc. Many times, people accidentally bite their tongues which further result in the formation of lie bumps. These can be very painful and can take some time to heal.
Having allergic food, very sweet or sour food may also lead to this condition. As the tongue is directly exposed to many things, the bumps may form due to bacterial and fungal infections too. Deficiency of vitamin B, stress, etc., may also contribute to the formation of lie bumps. Usually, they subside on their own. However, sometimes, when they do not disappear and are tender and painful, you should immediately consult the doctor.
The following home remedies will help you get rid of these painful bumps:
- The most important and the easiest way to get rid of them is to stop eating foods which are oily, spicy, sour, extremely salty, or extremely sweet. Hot foods should also be avoided since they may also aggravate the condition.
- Stress is one of the causes of lie bumps. Any type of stress both emotional and physical may worsen the condition. Therefore, you may need to relieve your stress with the help of yoga, medication, relaxation, etc. All these techniques will help you get rid of stress.
- Cold compresses may help you get rid of the condition. You can directly apply ice chips or cubes on top of the swollen part of the tongue. This will help alleviate the pain at a faster rate.
- You can gargle with warm, salt water. This will give you relief from the pain and discomfort.
- Eating fresh mint leaves daily can be of great help too. As mint leaves have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory qualities, they speed up the healing process of the bumps.
- Since the condition is also caused due to the deficiency of vitamins, a healthy and well-maintained diet should be followed. Intake of vitamin B supplements will be quite helpful.
- If the reason behind the bumps is gastrointestinal problems or indigestion, then mix warm milk with two figs, and drink daily. It will clean your stomach and decrease the chances of getting bumps.
The aforementioned home remedies will help treat the condition. However, if you are not able to get relief in 2 to 3 days, then consult a doctor. There may also be some serious causes for the occurrence of lie bumps on tongue. So, maintain a healthy diet to stay away from the chances of getting bumps.
Disclaimer: This Buzzle article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.