Eczema on any part of the body may be irritating and painful. You can use simple home remedies to overcome this skin condition. Read this article to get rid of eczema from different parts of the body naturally and completely.
Eczema is a term used for various types of skin conditions. Some of them are nummular eczema, dyshidrotic eczema, atopic dermatitis and seborrheic dermatitis. These diseases are characterized by swollen, itchy and dry skin. They usually affect the hands, feet, elbows, wrists, neck, upper chest, around the eyes, in the eyelids, arms, etc. These conditions may be a result of allergic reactions, pollution, stress, etc. If not taken care of in time they can get worse and may result in a lot of discomfort. The treatments for eczema are simple and will give you relief as soon as you start using them.
How to Get Rid of Eczema
Eczema can be found at any age, but it is commonly observed in children. Swelling, pain, redness, scaly dry skin, inflammation, burning sensation, etc., are some of the symptoms of eczema. Once you observe such symptoms you need to get it treated as soon as possible. Here we have divided the treatment of eczema into two sections: medical treatment and home remedies. You can use the home remedies as first aid or, it can also help in getting rid of the skin condition completely. If in case you are not able to get relief naturally, then consult the doctor for further guidance.
Following are some of the home remedies which are simple and easy to use.
- The skin becomes sensitive when you are affected with eczema. Hence, you need to take better care to save your skin from such conditions. Use a humidifier at home to make the air moist. It will keep your skin moist and away from dry conditions. Try to stay away from the extreme temperatures like extremely hot or cold conditions.
- Soap and cosmetics have many strong chemicals like sodium lauryl sulfate and fragrance which on excess usage can make your skin scaly and dry. Hence, try not to use such cosmetics, soaps and other beauty products so as to avoid the skin from drying.
- Stress, whether it’s physical or emotional can affect the conditions of eczema. You should relax and bring your stress levels to normal. Take a break from your work and take some rest to relieve your physical stress.
- Oatmeal can be of great help. Try to prepare a colloidal solution of oatmeal and soak in it for sometime. Do it thrice a week. It will help you overcome the dry skin conditions after taking bath.
- You can use cold wet compressors on the affected arms. Do not scratch the arm. Try to keep it moisturized. You can also apply calamine lotion to get relief from itchy and burning sensation.
- You can take bath with 4-5 drops of neem oil in water. Or, boil neem leaves in water and just mix it with your bathing water. It will help you for sure.
- Just take 1 tablespoon of camphor and 1 tablespoon of sandalwood and mix it properly with water. Apply it on the affected part 2 to 3 times a day. It will help you to get relief very soon.
There are many medical treatments which are helpful in curing eczema. You may be prescribed steroid creams which are usually applied after taking bath. These creams are very helpful in reducing the infection and spreading of this skin problem. Special soaps and lotions may also be given which you may be asked to use in place of your regular cosmetics. Medication like oral histamines may be prescribed to reduce the itching at night. In case of severe eczema doctors may advise you to undergo ultraviolet light therapy.
You can use these treatments for other parts of the body also. Avoid the food items which can cause allergic reactions and try to keep your skin moist as dry conditions may not help you to get relief from the treatments given above.
Disclaimer: This HolisticZine article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.