Staph infections are caused by a type of bacteria called Staphylococcus bacteria. These bacteria are normally present on several of our body parts and don't really cause any harm when they reside on the surface. However, when there is a cut or wound on the skin surface, they enter the body through the cut and cause varied types of infections. These could be minor skin disorders as is common among teens, or they could lead to more severe disorders like urinary tract infection. It is due to this that it becomes important to carry out the treatment in time so that it does not spread and cause the condition to worsen.
One of the most common symptoms that come about are red, painful boils that develop on the skin surface. These boils become septic and fill with pus until they become huge and then burst and drain out. These could be limited to merely the face or any other body part. They are also known as furuncle.
This starts off as a blister on the surface of the skin and then develops into a crusted surface. This can cause severe itching.
This is a condition which affects the hair follicles. In this, red or white bumps and boils develop under certain hair follicles and cause irritation and pain. They might also lead to a fever in a person.
The other staph infection symptoms could be:
- Cellulitis (Infection of the skin tissue)
- Hordeolum (Infection of the eyelid)
- Scalded Skin Syndrome
- Onion is a natural healer when it comes to combating the inflammation that comes about in the boil and skin. Use the juice of an onion and apply it over the boils. You should even ingest it.
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves and crush them. Then apply over the boils. This also helps in speeding the maturing process of the boil and it breaks and drains faster.
- One can cleanse the entire digestive system by consuming a single, raw garlic pod every day.
- Turmeric has several medicinal properties. Mix the powder with a little water and make into a thick paste. Then apply over the boils to take away the inflammation and pus.
- Use cumin seeds after they have been ground and mix with water to form a paste. Apply over boils for quick relief.
- Use betel leaves and spread a generous layer of castor oil on top of them. Then spread on the boil.
- Dab a cotton ball or swab in tea tree oil and apply on the boil. Then cover with a clean bandage.
- Mix apple cider vinegar, honey (3:2 ratio), and 1 cup water, then boil the liquid. Take a clean cloth and use the solution as a hot compress. Repeat 3 times a day.
- Antibiotics are the most common mode of over-the-counter medication that is used. Antibiotics like glycopeptide, vancomycin, and teicoplanin are used.
- Sometimes, however, the antibiotics do not work and staph injections have to be given intravenously.
It is important to know what the staph infection symptoms and treatment are so that you can understand the seriousness of it and can carry forth the treatment as soon as possible. This will prevent it from festering into a major disaster.